Help With Modifying Your Divorce Or Paternity Orders

The law firm of Maureen A. Kersey, in Manassas, Virginia, helps people make appropriate modifications to their Virginia child support or alimony orders when factors have made it impossible to meet their legal obligations.

As your family and personal situation changes, it may also be appropriate to modify your existing support arrangements. Child support is always reviewable based upon a material change of circumstances (e.g., new dependents, change in custody or work-related day care, disability, unemployment, promotion), and can also be reviewed periodically. Spousal support may or may not be modifiable depending on whether it was court-ordered or achieved through negotiation, and if so, whether the terms permit modification.

“As a modifications attorney, I know how frustrating it can be to be legally bound to a court order you can no longer meet. We help you demonstrate your need for a change to the courts, or defend against a proposed change, and protect your rights throughout the process.” Attorney Maureen Kersey


Often, the custodial or noncustodial parent faces circumstances that require a move away from the county in which the original divorce or paternity order was issues. This can cause a hardship when trying to meet the original parenting schedule.

If you need to seek a move-away petition through the courts, talk to a lawyer who has successfully handled many of them. Ms. Kersey will explain the law and what you will be required to demonstrate to the courts in order to be granted a relocation approval.


Call us at 703-791-1892 or reach us by email with a brief description of what your court order modifications needs are.